With weather constantly changing, natural debris, and a roof’s age, it’s crucial to make sure your roof is in its best condition. Replacing your roof with quality products ensures safety in a home and increases a home’s value.
If you are questioning if you need a roof replaced, there are several signs to look out for that can help you come up with a decision.
- Check your shingles! When examining your shingles, look out for any cracks, buckling, or “bald spots” where granules may be missing. Shingles that are curved or curled edges also may indicate a need for a roof replacement.
- Look out for leaks and water damage. Trapped moisture can also cause mold and fungi to grow ruining the roof.
- A “saggy” looking roof. If your home’s roof appears droopy or feels “spongy” to walk on if able to safely be stepped on, it may mean that moisture has softened up the roof.
- Plants & Greenery. If greenlife is thriving off your roof and vegetation is clearly presented, it may be time to check out your roof professionally.
- Roof’s Lifespan. A roof’s lifespan may also be a sign that you need roof replacement based on its last proper installation. If it has been over 20 years since then, it may be time to get it inspected.
It’s important to be on the lookout for any signs that your roof needs to be replaced. Don’t wait until it’s too late!
If you are concerned about your roof, you can always call us and ask us to give you a report on your roof for any areas of concern and what course of action is available to you.
Perfect Exteriors Inc, your Perfect choice in Roofing Contractors.
Servicing Aurora, Naperville, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Lisle and the rest of the Chicagoland area for over a decade!